Powercut in Trowse causes road closure and bus problems
A powercut in the village of Trowse last night has caused a road closure and travel problems which will last until tomorrow afternoon.
Electricity was lost in 120 homes around 1am this morning, causing engineers on White House Lane to carry out emergency repairs to an underground high voltage cable.
These repairs have caused closure of the road because it is too narrow for traffic lights to be put in place.
Passengers who plan to get the 587 Anglian bus to White Horse Lane tonight have been told that the bus will stop at Europa Way on the last six services from 17.10pm and every half hour after that until 18.40.
And on the 588 Anglian bus service tonight the last three buses will stop at Europa Way.
You may also want to watch:
Tomorrow morning the 7.25am service will have one bus operating both the 587 and 588 service and will go from the White Horse Pub.
Then the 8.12am, 8.25am and 8.55am will run from Trowse pub to the city with a normal service operating again from 4pm.
- 1 Busy petrol station on A140 closes due to 'unforeseen circumstances'
- 2 9 Norfolk pubs with heated gardens for mixed households
- 3 Shocking dashcam footage shows man doing 129mph through village
- 4 Vanishing village - Satellite images show incredible erosion at Winterton
- 5 Revealed: Coronavirus vaccine hubs in Norfolk
- 6 Part of A47 closed after crash between pedestrian and lorry
- 7 Heavy rain prompts flood warnings as first snow forecast to fall
- 8 'Don't bend rules' warning to Christmas revellers
- 9 Saver menus and pizzas - how pubs are opening under 'substantial meal' rule
- 10 Parts of Norfolk may see snow by end of the week, say forecasters