Posh car in driveway claimed to raise house prices
- Credit: PA
Having a posh car in the driveway can push up property prices, according to a survey.
As many as a third of people reckon having a luxury motor outside their home can add to the value of their house, the poll by car rental company Avis fund.
Around a third of the 2,000 adults surveyed also thought a flash car would help sell a property.
This seemingly necessary accessory was most valued in Wolverhampton, where respon dents reckoned it would add as much as £6,100 to a property.
Most people surveyed (57%) admitted that they took notice of a luxury car in the drive when viewing a new home. A top-end model gave the impression it was a safe and desirable place to live and the property was an attractive one.
You may also want to watch:
Car models seen as being the best to have parked outside a property include Mercedes-Benz, Audi and BMW. Open-topped vehicles were also seen as a boon, particularly when trying to entice women buyers.
- 1 Woman sexually assaulted in Norwich
- 2 Family told baby with half a working heart has weeks to live
- 3 Woman on soft-food diet 'forever' after attack by kick-boxer partner
- 4 Police seal off building site in Norwich
- 5 Norfolk-based Rick Wakeman 'stunned and proud' after being made a CBE
- 6 Pub hands out free ice creams during road collision traffic jam
- 7 Two city businesses on the move as mystery new tenant hovers
- 8 Left-back seals permanent Canaries exit
- 9 Oh deer! Muntjac escorted out of Tesco after sprinting into bakery
- 10 Bleach thrown at woman from passing car