Person suffers serious injuries after being hit by car in King's Lynn
- Credit: Eastern Daily Press © 2014
A person has been taken to hospital with serious injuries after they were hit by a car.
Emergency services were called just before 8.15am on June 25, to reports that a pedestrian was hit by a blue Seat on Gaywood Road in King’s Lynn.
There is currently a road closure near to the junction of Tennyson Road.
The person has been taken to the Queen Elizabeth Hospital in King’s Lynn with serious injuries.
Norfolk Police wrote in a tweet: “Gaywood Road Kings Lynn closed near the tennis courts/Tesco store due to road traffic incident.”
Lynx bus service, which operates in the area, has been affected by the road closure.
On a Facebook post they wrote: “Please note that due to a serious accident at on Gaywood Road near KES the road is closed and all services that would normally use this road are operating via Wootton Road.
- 1 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
- 2 Former hunting lodge for sale for £1.695m with huge lake
- 3 Incredible aerial photos show scale of Latitude Festival
- 4 Never mind the limo - aspiring farmer rides tractor to prom night
- 5 Queues in Norwich as hundreds flock to cider and sausage festival
- 6 Park issues warning over bacteria which is toxic to dogs
- 7 Risk of flooding in parts of region as storms slowly move in
- 8 City confirm midfielder exit
- 9 City ready for Cantwell and Aarons end game
- 10 Man taken to hospital after cardiac arrest at beach
“Please bear with us as there may be considerable delays.”