Pedestrian dies following collision with a bus on A146
- Credit: Google Maps
A pedestrian has died following a collision on the A146 at Framingham Pigot last night.
The incident happened shortly before 7pm on the approach to the Trowse junction near to the Trumpery Lane turning when a double-decker bus travelling towards Norwich was involved in a collision with a person.
Norfolk Constabulary confirmed the pedestrian was a man in his 60s.
He received treatment but was was pronounced dead at the scene.
The bus was carrying passengers at the time of the incident, but no one else was injured.
The road was closed, but reopened around 12.30am this morning, October 14.
Officers are appealing for information from anyone who may have witnessed the collision or may have seen the pedestrian prior to the incident.
- 1 Two men in critical condition as multiple people stabbed
- 2 Fire crews rush to a crash near Norfolk village
- 3 Mum's heartfelt tribute to daughter who died in A47 collision
- 4 Police swoop on Norwich address
- 5 Rail services affected after person hit by train
- 6 Asda and Amazon urgently recall items due to safety concerns
- 7 Secluded Broads farmhouse in almost 11 acres goes up for sale
- 8 Norwich cat torturer who murdered pensioner ‘planned to carry on killing’
- 9 Plans for seven new supermarkets in Norfolk - but where will they be?
- 10 BMW overturns in ditch after coming off A146
Anyone with information should contact the Serious Collision Investigation Unit by calling 101 and quoting incident number 374 of 13 October.
Join our Norfolk Breaking News Facebook group to be the first to see breaking news stories in the county.