Paralympic hotshot gets new Alfa Romeo Giulietta
Shot putter Danny Nobbs picked up the keys to a new Alfa Romeo Giulietta from Desira Alfa Romeo in Norwich as he prepares for the big sporting summer ahead.
He collected his specially-adapted Giulietta as Alfa Romeo looks to support one of the UK's most promising paralympic athletes.
Danny, 32, who lives and trains in Norfolk, is the British shot put recorder-holder in his class and world number three this season.
Collecting his car from Desira in Heigham Street, he said: 'It's great to be getting a brand new Alfa Romeo and I'm really looking forward to going for a spin in it. My previous car was nearing the end of it's life and I'm very grateful to Alfa Romeo for helping me get to and from training at a crucial time in my preparation for London.'
Danny will now be driving a range-topping �23,155 Alfa Giulietta TCT Veloce which is fitted with a 1.4 litre 170bhp MultiAir engine and the new twin-clutch tranmission semi-automatic transmission.
You may also want to watch:
Damien Dally, Alfa Romeo UK's head of brand, said: 'Alfa Romeo has a long-standing tradition of supporting British sporting talent and it is a privilege to be providing a real gold medal prospect such as Danny with one of our most latest vehicles – the Alfa Giulietta TCT Veloce. We wish him the best of luck in London later this year.'
Desira Group director Michelle Gant said: 'Desira Alfa Romeo Norwich is very proud to welcome such a successful local Paralympic athlete as a valued customer. Danny is a real inspiration and we are thrilled to be able to assist him with all his future aftercare requirements.'
- 1 Man dies in hospital after fight near Norfolk pub
- 2 Huge seaside home with indoor pool for sale for £600,000
- 3 The Bill star reveals he has moved to Norfolk and why he loves it
- 4 Queues form at Norfolk petrol stations - despite reassurances over stock
- 5 Petrol stations close nationally as HGV driver crisis worsens
- 6 Spectacle of light with 'Norfolk's biggest ever firework display' announced
- 7 Some queues - but business largely as usual at Norfolk's petrol stations
- 8 SOLD! Royal Arcade goes for £2m MORE than guide price
- 9 Delays on A47 after lorry overturns
- 10 Harley-Davidson motorcyclist dies in A134 crash
For more information about Alfa Romeo or to book a test-drive telephone Desira Norwich in Heigham Street on 0845 3460528 or visit www.desiranorwichalfaromeo.co.uk
The next in the series of London Calling Olympic supplements is in the EDP on Wednesday.