Train disruption after skip lorry gets stuck under bridge
- Credit: Archant
Train passengers are facing disruption after an accident that saw a skip truck strike a railway bridge.
The Norwich to Cambridge services have been affected on Tuesdsay after the truck got stuck under a bridge in the Queen Adelaide area, between Shippea Hill and Ely.
A train that had been due to depart from Norwich at 5.27pm, stopping at Wymondham,, Attleborough and Theftord, had to be cancelled.
Greater Anglia said more services running through the two stations in Cambridgeshire may be cancelled, delayed or revised.
The 6.27pm Norwich to Cambridge train terminated at Thetford and did not call at Brandon, Ely, Cambridge North and Cambridge.
You may also want to watch:
Disruption is continue until at least 9pm.
The 8.20pm Cambridge to Norwich train has also had to be cancelled.
- 1 Busy petrol station on A140 closes due to 'unforeseen circumstances'
- 2 9 Norfolk pubs with heated gardens for mixed households
- 3 Shocking dashcam footage shows man doing 129mph through village
- 4 Vanishing village - Satellite images show incredible erosion at Winterton
- 5 Parts of Norfolk see heavy snow falls with more to come
- 6 Heavy rain prompts flood warnings as first snow forecast to fall
- 7 Workmen unearth six skeletons during city street overhaul
- 8 'Don't bend rules' warning to Christmas revellers
- 9 Cattle farmer who was 'known across the country' dies aged 79
- 10 Man denies running Japanese restaurant from Norwich home for the third time
Earlier the 3.27pm Norwich to Stansted Airport service was delayed, while the 3.37pm Stansted Airport to Norwich terminated at Ely.