Norwich taxi drivers protest outside City Hall
- Credit: Steve Adams
Around 50 hackney carriage drivers are protesting outside City Hall in Norwich today to highlight the issues they face.
The Go-Slow demonstration started at around 11.30am when taxis circled around the council offices at speeds of just 5mph.
The protest was initially set to last around two hours but disbanded sooner.
Norwich Hackney Trade Association claims Norwich City Council is failing to adhere to its own rules in regard to the regulation of private hire cars.
Black cab driver Craig Dimbleby said the rally was a 'last resort' to highlight the lack of governance.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Son's plea for help as mum, 87, goes missing from care home
- 2 Man in critical condition after Norwich assault
- 3 Covid Delta variant cases double in Norfolk
- 4 This charming village pub is worth travelling to from across Norfolk
- 5 Weather warning for thunderstorms this week after Monday heat
- 6 11 Norfolk cafés perfect for outdoor dining
- 7 Broads pub with 'bags of potential' for sale for £375,000
- 8 Neighbours tell of shock as murder probe launched
- 9 Woman airlifted to hospital following equestrian accident in Beccles
- 10 Seller took motorbike for one last ride – and did 119mph on NDR