Norwich Roadworks: You can’t drive down Cattle Market Street
- Credit: Archant
Norwich's Cattle Market Street is closed to traffic heading down towards Market Avenue until Saturday evening. It is the latest closure in a series of major roadworks.
Drivers are unable to turn left onto Cattle Market Street from Farmers Avenue. The temporary turning restriction is in place while roadworks are carried out ahead of planned overnight closures next week.
Drivers have been diverted along Golden Ball Street and Ber Street onto the inner ring road. Drivers wishing to reach Rose Lane will be directed past the railway station and to take a left turn onto Prince of Wales Road. The restriction is expected to be in place until the evening of Saturday March 12 and will be lifted sooner if possible.
It comes ahead of next week's overnight closures and work on Cattle Market Street, Golden Ball Street, Farmers Avenue and Rouen Road. Work will run overnight from 7pm-7am starting on Monday March 14 for five nights.
The top of Rouen Road, next to the Archant office, also remains shut as part of the £3m project to transform vehicle flow in the city centre.
You may also want to watch:
Ultimately, the work will see Golden Ball Street made two-way. That will allow for work later this year and early next year to remove general traffic from Westlegate, All Saints Green and Red Lion Street.
By late spring next year, the completed scheme will see major changes to traffic flows, the creation of more pedestrian areas, and the removal of traffic lights and kerbside barriers at a number of junctions in the area around Farmers Avenue, Golden Ball Street, All Saints Street and All Saints Green, Westlegate, St Stephens Plain and Red Lion Street.
- 1 'It's not even that short' - schoolboy, 14, put in isolation due to haircut
- 2 'Red-and-white spray paint doesn't count' - three danger lorries stopped
- 3 Nick Knowles joins outcry as Norfolk police told to close Twitter accounts
- 4 Norfolk man found drunk at wheel twice in less than a month
- 5 Part of A47 closed after concerns for woman’s welfare
- 6 'Second time this year' - Armed police called to Norwich street
- 7 Fresh calls for action over 'unacceptable' queues at A11 roundabout
- 8 Hundreds flock to see exotic birds in Yarmouth bushes
- 9 Holidaymakers rescued after boat lodged under bridge
- 10 Bargain Hunt films at Norfolk collectables shop