Norwich International Airport to offer a new Mediterranean destination
- Credit: Archant © 2012
Holidaymakers from East Anglia have been handed a Mediterranean boost with the announcement of a new sunshine destination from Norwich International Airport.
Thomson and First Choice have combined to announce that in summer 2015 they will be increasing capacity by introducing a new route to Mahon, Menorca. The plans for summer 2015 also include the addition of a further weekly flight for existing route Dalaman, Turkey.
The move is part of the tour operator's strategy to ensure customers across the UK can fly from their local airport. The new route went on sale on the 24th April.
By adding the extra flight to Dalaman, customers flying from Norwich will now be able to choose varying durations in Turkey - not just the standard seven and 14 night stays.
Andrew Bell, chief executive of Norwich Airport, said: 'Our objective is to provide an ever increasing range of top quality holiday destinations and product to the holidaymakers in our region. Working closely with Thomson and First Choice, we are making good progress in achieving this.'
You may also want to watch:
- 1 The Chase star's tribute to contestant who died in Norfolk house fire
- 2 Two Norfolk gastropubs named among best in country
- 3 New women's only fitness studio to open in Norwich
- 4 Huge blast proof bunker with acre of land for sale by auction
- 5 School bus drivers 'risked children's lives' with illegal long shifts
- 6 Two people injured in A47 crash
- 7 Part of A47 closed due to crash
- 8 Have 'murder hornets' been found in Norfolk?
- 9 Caroline Flack's mum to open 'grief café' in Norfolk
- 10 ‘Can you let me off?’ pleads driver doing 90mph in 50mph zone