Norwich Citroen dealership so proud of team effort
Norwich Citroen dealership Duff Morgan was runner-up in the best dealership category of a leading national automotive awards having been nominated as the French brand's UK number one.
Proud Duff Morgan staff in Norwich narrowly missed out on winning the UK's best dealer but they are still celebrating their incredible achievement.
The city Citroen dealer was runner-up in the best dealership category of the 20th AM Awards run by leading industry magazine Automotive Management having been nominated by Citroen UK as the French brand's number one of 211 UK retailers.
But while the Whiffler Road retailer finished as runner-up out of the five shortlisted dealerships at the awards night at the International Convention Centre in Birmingham on Wednesday it was more a case of delight at the Citroen UK accolade, and making it through to the final five, than disappointment at being pipped at the post.
David Barratt, chairman and managing director of Duff Morgan who congratulated the Norwich dealership's 75 staff on Thursday, said: 'I am so proud to receive this recognition and it is with great humility I thank all my wonderful staff in Norwich who have achieved this goal as a joint team effort.
You may also want to watch:
'I am also grateful for all the support we have been given by Citroen UK with their training courses and their requirement for all their dealers to improve the standards of customer satisfaction in order to match the expectations of their fantastic brand image in becoming a market leader.'
Jeremy Trett, dealer principal and Duff Morgan director, said it would have been very satisfying to have come home with the winner's trophy but he was chuffed to have made it so far in the awards and added that it had been fantastic that Citroen UK directors had shown their support for Duff Morgan's bid for glory by attending the awards ceremony.
- 1 Air ambulance called and A47 closed after incident
- 2 Why this Norfolk village is one of the best in the UK
- 3 Major Lowestoft road partially closed due to police incident
- 4 Pedestrian suffers life-threatening injuries in A47 crash
- 5 Man airlifted to hospital with serious head injuries after fight near pub
- 6 Shed set alight, 16 broken into and pumpkins destroyed at allotments
- 7 Market traders 'devastated' over council plans to revoke licences
- 8 A47 set for two weeks of roadworks from Monday
- 9 Hamleys toy shop opens in Norwich shopping centre
- 10 'I couldn't believe my eyes' - snorkeller finds 125-year-old shipwreck
He said that the independent judges had been particularly impressed that throughout its 101-year history Duff Morgan had continued to thrive and succeed due to the dedication of its staff, refusal to accept anything other than to be the best whenever possible, its pride in its history and commitment to its motto – 'committed To exceeding expectations'.
Last year Duff Morgan opened another Citroen dealership in Bergen Way, King's Lynn.