Norfolk's cars of the decade
Andy RussellTwo Norfolk-built roadsters made the top 10 cars of the decade voted for by Autocar readers.The autocar.co.uk poll was topped by the British-built Range Rover, which received nearly a fifth of the votes.Andy Russell
Two Norfolk-built roadsters made the top 10 cars of the decade voted for by Autocar readers.
The autocar.co.uk poll was topped by the British-built Range Rover, which received nearly a fifth of the votes.
Second place went to the Lotus Elise Mark II with the Elise-based Vauxhall VX220 fifth.
Autocar editor Chas Hallett said: 'The Range Rover is a fine choice for car of the decade. Most polls like this have results skewed towards the latter end of their timescale, but not this one. That the Range Rover was launched nine years ago yet remains a benchmark speaks volumes for the brilliance of its design - and for the taste of the people who voted for it.'
You may also want to watch:
The Mark II Elise was also in production for the vast majority of the past decade and the British roadster has defined the classic sportscar and Lotus's success during that time.
Autocar's resident car experts nominated and championed 17 great cars launched within the past 10 years for readers to choose from - or voters could suggest their own star car.
- 1 Stunning images capture Cromer in the snow
- 2 Fire tears through historic Thorpe pub
- 3 Four national high street names to move into former M&S store
- 4 Norfolk's first mass Covid vaccination centre to open in food court
- 5 Builder took pink pill and ran naked around hotel
- 6 Mass coronavirus vaccination centre opens in Norwich today
- 7 Floral tributes left to driver killed in A148 crash
- 8 Vaccines roll-out to move on to over 70s
- 9 Driver escapes serious injury after 4x4 flips onto roof
- 10 Delays as 23m-long caravan travels through Norfolk
1 Range Rover
2 Lotus Elise Mark II
3= Bugatti Veyron and Nissan GT-R
5 Vauxhall VX220
6 Toyota Prius Mark II
7 Tata Nano
8 Mini Cooper
9 Ford Focus
10 Jaguar XF