New layout for roadworks on A47 at Postwick near Norwich - but is it any better?
Motorists are being asked to take notice of the 'get in lane' signs following changes to the traffic management arrangements on the A47 at Postwick.
It is hoped the new layout will improve the flow of traffic through the Postwick roadworks at peak hours. The original layout followed national design standards, but resulted in longer delays than expected during morning and evening peaks.
The new arrangements were expected to be in place for the morning peak on Friday with both lanes open on the eastbound approach to the Postwick junction.
However, the inside lane will only be for traffic taking the slip road off the A47 towards Thorpe St Andrew, Broadland Business Park and Postwick Park & Ride. All other Gt Yarmouth-bound traffic will be directed to use the outside lane.
New signs on the approach to the roadworks will instruct drivers to 'get in lane' either to leave the A47, or continue towards Gt Yarmouth.
You may also want to watch:
The inside lane will be closed from the slip road through the junction to provide a safe working area for the junction improvement work.
- 1 County welcomes tankers but motorists continue to queue for fuel
- 2 Norfolk wakes up to empty pumps – despite assurances of ‘ample fuel stocks’
- 3 Revealed: Where most parking tickets have been issued in Norfolk
- 4 Key workers share 'unnecessary and frustrating' impact of panic-buying
- 5 Weird Norfolk: Is Diss Mere the waterlogged crater of an extinct volcano?
- 6 Huge seaside home with indoor pool for sale for £600,000
- 7 Q&A: All you need to know about fuel shortages
- 8 Search continues for man with knife who chased victim into KFC
- 9 Controversy reignited over 300 home scheme on edge of Norwich
- 10 Queuing for petrol - a tale as old as time