National recognition fuels filling station staff
- Credit: © Copyright Peter Stevens Photography 2013
Staff at Hammonds Jet forecourt at Halesworth are proud their filling station was recognised as one of the best in the UK even though they failed to win the top title.
Hammonds was shortlisted as one of the top-performing petrol stations, making it to the final three forecourts in the Midlands area in the up to 2.5 million litres per year category of the Forecourt Trader Awards 2013.
Despite not winning overall, to achieve this impressive recognition is testament to the vital role that this family-run business provides its local community.
Louise Hammond, manager of the Jet site, said: 'We were delighted to be recognised as a finalist in the Midlands area. The event was a great success and provided a good networking opportunity for us to meet with other forecourt operatives and suppliers, as well spend time with the team from our fuel supplier, Jet.
'Naturally, we are disappointed not to win the category, but being one of only three finalists in the Midlands area is undoubtedly a massive achievement and a morale boost for everyone that supports us as a business.
You may also want to watch:
'I personally experienced a rollercoaster of emotions, with a sense of pride for my family, staff and customers as we awaited the results,' she said.
'Of course, none of this would have been possible without our customers, our team, company directors, forecourt suppliers and Jet – we really want to extend our thanks to all of you.
- 1 Norfolk wakes up to empty pumps – despite assurances of ‘ample fuel stocks’
- 2 Huge seaside home with indoor pool for sale for £600,000
- 3 Man dies in hospital after fight near Norfolk pub
- 4 The Bill star reveals he has moved to Norfolk and why he loves it
- 5 Why has a golden dome appeared in this Norfolk town?
- 6 Delays on roads as petrol queues continue
- 7 Dramatic pictures as huge barn fire breaks out near coast
- 8 Queues form at Norfolk petrol stations - despite reassurances over stock
- 9 Q&A: All you need to know about fuel shortages
- 10 A11 to undergo 18 months of roadworks
'The awards event is certainly an experience I'm delighted to have been part of, and simply adds further kudos to our 51-year-old family business, where we aim to be the dealer of choice.'