Marathon journey from Hiroshima to Wrights Mazda Norwich
- Credit: supplied
The Mazda Route3 – Hiroshima to Frankfurt Challenger Tour 2013 reached Norwich after Mazda extended the convoy's 9,300 mile journey to include a tour of the UK – visiting Wrights Mazda and more than 60 other Mazda dealers across the country.
Two of the well-travelled Mazda3 2.0-litre Skyactiv-G 120PS models are demonstrating the durability, reliability and dependability of the all-new model by continuing the tour from the Frankfurt Motor Show to the UK and around Britain. The duo will complete a further 2,000 miles after having covered two continents, five countries, nine time zones and some 30 cities since the convoy left Japan in August.
Both models made their first UK stop at Mazda's Dartford HQ on September 18, before setting off to travel the country with the extended challenge due to end on October 16.
Arriving at Wrights Mazda's Cromer Road dealership on Wednesday, one of the aluminium Silver all-new Mazda3 models took a well-earned break before setting off again for the next destination.
Dealer principal Russell Wythe said: 'Seeing the all-new Mazda3 pull up at the dealership was an exciting moment for us as we have only seen the new model in photographs just like everyone else in Britain.
You may also want to watch:
'This particular model had been crewed by journalists and driven past some spectacular sights, including Lake Baikal, the Altai Mountains and the Kungur Ice Caves, overcoming hidden potholes, football-sized rocks, overturned trucks and herds of livestock.'
The new-generation Mazda3 goes on sale at Wrights Mazda in hatchback and fastback saloon versions in January.
- 1 Pedestrian suffers life-threatening injuries in A47 crash
- 2 Seven fire engines called to blaze on housing estate
- 3 Teenager who lost driving licence receives surprise in post
- 4 Why this Norfolk village is one of the best in the UK
- 5 Air ambulance called and A47 closed after incident
- 6 Man airlifted to hospital with serious head injuries after fight near pub
- 7 Person pulled from car as rain lashes region
- 8 ‘It went up like a matchstick’ - Neighbour’s horror at blaze
- 9 Fire crews still at scene as investigation launched into house blaze
- 10 Market traders 'devastated' over council plans to revoke licences
Prices for the 36-strong range will star at £16,695 on the road for the 100PS 1.5-litre petrol SE hatchback, rising to £23,345 for the 150PS 2.2-litre turbo diesel Sport Nav Auto hatchback.
The all-new Mazda3 line-up will feature 21 hatchbacks and 15 fastbacks and SE, SE Nav, SE-L, SE-L Nav and Sport Nav trim levels.
For more information, telephone Wrights Mazda in Norwich on 01603 427011 or Beccles on 01502 713885.