Power lines damaged after lorry crashes into telegraph pole in Diss
- Credit: Google
A lorry crashed into a telegraph pole on a busy road in Diss.
The crash in Victoria Street, at about 8.30am, caused the telegraph pole to snap in half and power lines have been damaged.
The road was closed and stayed closed until the power lines were made safe.
Police were on the scene and contacted the power network company for assistance.
Officers turned drivers around near the Shell Garage on the road.
The traffic stretched along Park Road and Victoria Road from Dark Lane to Denmark Street.
There were also queues up Stuston Road and Sawmills Road.
- 1 'Squatter' couple become legal owners of land as saga continues
- 2 WATCH: Moment hero doorman tackles knifeman during Norwich triple stabbing
- 3 Passengers angry after train heading to Norwich delayed for hours
- 4 Covid restrictions played part in father's death, inquest told
- 5 Norfolk car dealership and MOT centre named among best in the country
- 6 'My life has been plagued by fly-tipping for a year - I need it to stop'
- 7 Woman arrested after man hit with a broom in city centre
- 8 'Horrendous' - Norfolk couple stuck in South Africa as Omicron spreads
- 9 'It was horrible' - Shock as woman robbed and assaulted in broad daylight
- 10 Luxury manor for sale with a 'Hobbit house' in the grounds
Traffic is now able to pass after the road was closed for three hours.
For up-to-date information about the county's roads, visit our LIVE Norfolk traffic map.
Join our Norfolk Travel Information group on Facebook for all the latest traffic news in Norfolk.