Busy road to be closed for a week for repairs
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
A busy road will be closed for a week for carriageway repairs.
Work will begin on Lamsey Lane in Heacham on Monday, January 28.
The closure will extend from the junction with the A149 Lynn Road, in Heacham, westwards to the junction with Folgate Road.
During the resurfacing works the road will be closed to all through traffic.
A fully signed official diversion route via Lynn Road, Station Road, Staithe Road and Cheney Hill will be in operation for the duration of the works.
You may also want to watch:
Vehicle access to businesses and properties in the roads affected will be maintained from one end at all times.
The work will cost £200,000. It is being funded from the £12.7m the county council has received from the government to spend on road repairs. This money is Norfolk's share of the £420m made available to local authorities in England announced in October's budget.
- 1 ITV Anglia News presenter Jonathan Wills leaving after 13 years
- 2 Contact tracers report pair to police for ignoring self-isolation
- 3 9 of the best farm shops in Norfolk
- 4 Which Norfolk Wetherspoons pubs are reopening from April 12?
- 5 Bird's eye view of new £26m seaside leisure centre taking shape
- 6 Anger at new plans for landmark Victorian hotel
- 7 New owners of hairdressers plan to buy out 10 salons in six months
- 8 'The real Wells people are here' - crowds stay away from coast
- 9 Family fined £300 for dumping mountain of cardboard in car park
- 10 Plans lodged for KFC and Starbucks off A140 and A143