Injured swan causes train delays between Norwich and London
- Credit: Georgina Brown
An injured swan is causing delays to passengers on Greater Anglia trains between Norwich and London.
The swan was on the tracks between Stratford and London Liverpool Street at 11.10am.
Six trains were lined up behind the swan while it was safely removed from the tracks by Network Rail staff at 11:46.
A spokesperson from Network Rail said: 'The line has since re-opened but we're encouraging passangers to check before they travel and to expect delays of up to 50 minutes.'
Train operator Greater Anglia tweeted: 'Train services running to and from these stations are returning to normal but some services may still be cancelled, delayed or revised.'
You may also want to watch:
Disruption is expected until 15.00pm.
- 1 Part of A47 closed after crash between pedestrian and lorry
- 2 Talented 24-year-old opens new bakery in village
- 3 Never mind Santa's sleigh... how about a Christmas combine harvester?
- 4 Busy petrol station on A140 closes due to 'unforeseen circumstances'
- 5 I don't watch Strictly but I'm in love with 'beacon of hope' Bill Bailey
- 6 'False start' for restaurants as some stay closed after lockdown
- 7 Man hit by lorry on A47 rushed to hospital with serious injuries
- 8 'More substantial than a Scotch egg': Pub creates the 'Botched egg'
- 9 Dead sperm whale washes up on Norfolk coast
- 10 'It feels like Christmas': Shoppers return to city as lockdown lifts