High street to close for six days due to roadworks
- Credit: Google Street View
A high street will be closed to drivers for six days to allow for the completion of roadworks.
Resurfacing work costing £100,000 means High Street in Feltwell must shut from Sunday, January 3.
Despite the road being closed to through traffic, access to properties within the closure will be maintained from one direction at all times, as will pedestrian access.
The usual one-way system on Hill Street and Short Beck will be temporarily suspended to allow traffic to continue accessing High Street, with gatemen positioned at key points to assist.
A diversion route will be fully signposted, while notices indicating that businesses remain open will also be in place.
You may also want to watch:
Details of the closure are as follows:
- High Street - from Bell Street to the junction with Long Lane
- Lime Kiln Lane - from the junction with High Street to the junction with Short Lane and Payne's Lane
- 1 Norfolk's first mass Covid vaccination centre to open in food court
- 2 Stunning images capture Cromer in the snow
- 3 'Anti-social rider' has quadbike seized in the snow
- 4 Floral tributes left to driver killed in A148 crash
- 5 Jailed in Norfolk: Burglars, domestic abuse and threats to kill
- 6 Norfolk wakes up to snow with more expected to fall
- 7 Driver escapes serious injury after 4x4 flips onto roof
- 8 Are you in our Norfolk school photos from the 1970s?
- 9 Man who felt lonely caught drink-driving, court hears
- 10 IN PICTURES: The businesses still going strong in lockdown
Weather permitting, the project is expected to take six days - but will be reduced if possible.