Trainlines 'blocked' as signalling system fails
- Credit: Archant
Trains running through a Norfolk village may be delayed or cancelled as a signalling system has failed.
Greater Anglia has reported a blockage on its line between Lingwood and Brundall, on the Norwich to Great Yarmouth route, due to a fault with the signalling system.
The fault means all trains running from Norwich to Yarmouth will be diverted via Berney Arms and will not serve Lingwood, or Acle until further notice.
A spokesperson from Greater Anglia said: "Greater Anglia and Network Rail are sorry if your journey has been affected by this disruption.
"Train services running through these stations may be delayed or revised. Disruption is expected until further notice."
You may also want to watch:
Greater Anglia has said delays are expected until 10.30pm.
Elsewhere in the region, the 20.47 train between Cambridge and Ipswich (21.32 Thurston) has been cancelled due to a broken down freight train.
Specific train service alterations are available here: www.journeycheck.com/greateranglia/
- For live traffic updates please visit our traffic map
- 1 Body found at Mousehold Heath there for 'considerable amount of time'
- 2 Church with 'features to get excited about' for sale for £80,000
- 3 Inquest hears sister of Hannah Witheridge died while pregnant
- 4 'They're blaming me' - Social housing tenant angry over state of flat
- 5 Family demands answers after 91-year-old dies weighing four stone
- 6 More storms ahead as flood warnings remain in place
- 7 Police called to troublespot Norwich hotel 324 times in two years
- 8 Met office issue weather warnings for thunderstorms in parts of Norfolk
- 9 Man 'helping police with inquiries' in search for missing woman
- 10 'Amazing' - Joy as port welcomes maiden call of luxury cruise ship