Great Anglia announces disruptions to train services
- Credit: Sonya Duncan
Greater Anglia has said train services between Ipswich and Felixstowe may be cancelled or delayed by up to 20 minutes today due to a broken down freight train.
The company also said that due to high temperatures across the region, speed restrictions have been imposed to protect infrastructure. The reduced speeds prevent rails from buckling, as the lower speeds exert less pressure on the rail and they protect overhead lines, which can sag during high temperatures.
As a consequence of the slower speeds, Greater Anglia have had to reduce the train service. The following services have been cancelled or amended:
London to Ipswich
•5.18pm London Liverpool Street to Ipswich – Cancelled
You may also want to watch:
•6.18pm London Liverpool Street to Ipswich – Cancelled
Ipswich to London
- 1 Dutch design could inspire revamp of danger roundabout
- 2 Two Norfolk restaurants in top five 'secret' places to eat on English coast
- 3 Prince William, George and Charlotte start races at Sandringham
- 4 Rare condition kills 'amazing' lorry driver
- 5 'More like March' - So when will we get the sunshine back?
- 6 Machinery sale marks end of family's 100-year farming history
- 7 You can run, Mr Hancock, but you can't hide
- 8 Farke on his contract situation at City
- 9 Cactus shop selling £95 plants opens in Norwich phone box
- 10 Warning over 'Amazon' cold call recordings scam in Norfolk
•3.52pm Ipswich to London Liverpool Street – Cancelled
•6.49pm Ipswich to London Liverpool Street – Cancelled
•7.52pm Ipswich to London Liverpool Street – Cancelled