Frost and ice on Norfolk’s roads
- Credit: Archant
Norfolk has woken up to frosty and icy roads this morning.
Norfolk has woken up to frosty and icy roads this morning, with Norfolk Police and East of England Ambulance urging drivers to be extra careful.
The police have said it may be icy on some rural roads while the ambulance service has tweeted: 'It's a bitterly cold start this morning, so please be extra careful on the roads and on the icy paths.
'Take the extra few minutes before setting off to ensure your windscreen is fully clear.'
There is no official weather warning from the Met Office but many roads and pathways are covered with ice.
You may also want to watch:
Temperatures are currently hovering around 1C across the county.
Meanwhile, Norfolk police have said there are tailbacks on the A11 due to a broken-down vehicle.
- 1 Would you know what to do if your car hit a deer?
- 2 What was ‘strange stretched circle’ spotted over Norfolk skies?
- 3 North Norfolk farmer who grew potatoes for Walkers crisps dies aged 92
- 4 Drivers ‘lucky to walk away’ as cars overturn
- 5 What each lockdown tier could mean for Norfolk
- 6 Norfolk in Tier 2 of coronavirus restrictions, government confirms
- 7 What does tier two mean for you? Step-by-step guide to new rules
- 8 What counts as a substantial meal under Norfolk's tier 2 pub rules?
- 9 Man arrested after woman suffers broken collar bone in row over mask
- 10 'It's nonsense': Shoppers react to Norfolk's Tier 2 announcement
Motorists heading south from Norwich on the road toward Wymondham are facing delays of up to twenty minutes.
Police have said the vehicle will be recovered at 8:00am.
For more information on travel across Norfolk this morning visit our live traffic map.