Free rail ticket scheme for job seekers in East Anglia
- Credit: Archant © 2012
Train operator Greater Anglia has announced a free rail ticket scheme for job seekers.
Job Track will see the company offering unemployed people free train tickets to travel to job interviews and, once they have a job, a free season ticket for their first two months in work.
Greater Anglia says the initiative is aimed at helping the unemployed find work and allow them to look for jobs outside of their immediate surroundings.
Up to six day return tickets are available to attend job interviews within the Greater Anglia network. The scheme is also being publicised at Job Centres.
Ruud Haket, Greater Anglia managing director, said the company wanted to play a positive role in the communities it served, adding: 'This scheme will assist those looking for work and when finding employment, offers a great help to people at a time when money is tight.'
You may also want to watch:
See www.greateranglia.co.uk/jobtrack for details and to apply.
- 1 Seven fire engines called to blaze on housing estate
- 2 Teenager who lost driving licence receives surprise in post
- 3 Person pulled from car as rain lashes region
- 4 Pedestrian suffers life-threatening injuries in A47 crash
- 5 ‘It went up like a matchstick’ - Neighbour’s horror at blaze
- 6 Fire crews still at scene as investigation launched into house blaze
- 7 Why this Norfolk village is one of the best in the UK
- 8 Jailed this week: Abuse, assaults and burglaries
- 9 Five cars and a horsebox involved in crash near RAF base
- 10 Man airlifted to hospital with serious head injuries after fight near pub