First buses confirms changes to network around Norwich
Bus operator First Norwich has confirmed it is to make changes to its network in response to passenger feedback.
The amendments affect the Orange, Pink and Purple lines and will come into effect on January 6 and include extended running times – which First says will improve punctuality and reliability.
Two buses every weekday on the Orange line will be diverted down Spixworth Road in Old Catton, expected to be the 9.30am to Norwich and the 2.45pm return.
Running times have been extended at peak periods, and extra evening buses to the Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital have been added.
The Paddocks in Old Catton will be served every 30 minutes from January 6 on service 21, and service 22 will run via Lodge Lane.
You may also want to watch:
Extra running time has been added to services to combat planned roadworks on Dereham Road due to start on January 7 near Old Palace Road.
The Pink line 11/11A services will run every 10 to 12 minutes, with peak running times extended and times tailored to suit evening visitors and staff at the N&N.
- 1 Road closed due to accident after car reportedly flips on to its roof
- 2 Huge blast proof bunker with acre of land for sale by auction
- 3 Have 'murder hornets' been found in Norfolk?
- 4 Caroline Flack's mum to open 'grief café' in Norfolk
- 5 Person pulled from car as rain lashes region
- 6 Dad's heartache over daughter's suicide and his fight to help others
- 7 Part of A47 closed due to crash
- 8 Rovers return? New landlords relaunch village pub with parties and Sunday lunches for dogs
- 9 Police appeal for witnesses after pedestrian struck by car on A47
- 10 Club reopens after Covid cases among staff and customers
There will be no changes to the Sunday services on Pink or Orange lines.
Extra running time has been added to the Purple Line 36/37/38 services at morning and evening peak times, and some buses from Horsford, Mulbarton and Long Stratton will run slightly earlier.
See www.firstgroup.com/ukbus/suffolk_norfolk for full details or call First on 08456 020 121.