Delays to traffic on A47 as visitors flock to the Royal Norfolk Show
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2015
Traffic is building up on the A47 as people head towards Norfolk Showground for the annual Royal Norfolk Show.
Drivers are warned to expect delays, especially near Costessey, with queues already forming between the B1108 Watton Road and A1074 Dereham Road junction.
There is also slow traffic on the A140 between Pulham Market and Long Stratton
Norfolk Police has urged people to plan for extra journey time.
Show organisers are well prepared for wet weather.
You may also want to watch:
They have put some temporary roads down in some of the car parks, have large amounts of bark chippings on hand to put down and there are recovery trucks on standby if needed.
•See the latest traffic in our live travel map here
•Follow the latest from the show in our live blog here.
- 1 Dutch design could inspire revamp of danger roundabout
- 2 Two Norfolk restaurants in top five 'secret' places to eat on English coast
- 3 Prince William, George and Charlotte start races at Sandringham
- 4 Rare condition kills 'amazing' lorry driver
- 5 'More like March' - So when will we get the sunshine back?
- 6 Machinery sale marks end of family's 100-year farming history
- 7 You can run, Mr Hancock, but you can't hide
- 8 Farke on his contract situation at City
- 9 Cactus shop selling £95 plants opens in Norwich phone box
- 10 Two Norfolk villages named among most beautiful to visit in England