CWA motorsport team gets off to flying start
- Credit: supplied
The College of West Anglia's (CWA) motorsport team left the competition at the start line as they finished first in their class in the MSV Trackday Trophy at Donnington Park at the weekend.
The Trackday Trophy is designed to help enthusiastic track day drivers and novice racers to get a foot in the door and enter the world of competitive motorsport.
The unmissable black and orange BMW Mini Cooper was guided round the track by drivers Chris Middleton, a lecturer at CWA Wisbech, and Andrew Tsang, a CWA volunteer in the motorsport department. They were supported by 12 students from the IMI Motorsport Level 2 course at CWA Wisbech.
Students are only two weeks into their course and so are getting real hands-on experience, from learning on the job at race days such as this one.
Team principal John Paul Latham said: 'We would like to thank our sponsors, Engineering Factory Supplied and Wisbech Round Table. We can't praise our IMI motorsport level 2 and IMI motorcycle level 3 student team members enough for their efforts and professionalism this weekend – another trophy to add to the collection. Also, thanks and well done to our two drivers Chris Middleton and Andrew Tsang.'
You may also want to watch:
For more on the track series and the MSV Track Day Trophy visit www.trackdaytrophy.co.uk/the-series
- 1 Body found in search for missing 87-year-old Margaret Smith
- 2 'I can't carry it' - Shock as plant starts growing eight inches a day
- 3 WATCH: 'Selfish' drug-driver ploughs into police detective's vehicle
- 4 Norfolk man who had sexual relationship with teen jailed
- 5 Two Norfolk businesses star in TV show
- 6 Fly-tipper travelled from Welsh border to dump in Norfolk
- 7 Aldi planning four new stores in Norfolk
- 8 The Range confirms new store at former Outfit on retail park
- 9 Funeral held for much loved windsurfer after body found in Sweden
- 10 Man charged with attempted murder after serious Norwich assault