Closures on B1106 for bridge work
- Credit: Archant
Drivers will have to cope with more closures as part of the A11 dualling project next week.
The B1106 at Elveden will be closed for three days to allow for construction works at a new junction.
A short section of the road between Center Parcs and The Elveden Inn will be closed from 12am on Tuesday, November 26 and reopen at 6am on Friday, November 29.
The work is being carried out to continue with work on the Elveden bypass section of the A11 dualling project.
A statement on the Highways Agency traffic updates service said the work was to allow the existing road to be realigned across a new bridge.
You may also want to watch:
Access to businesses along the B1106 will remain open as usual via suggested diversion routes where applicable.
Slip roads for the junction to the A11 are also currently under construction.
- 1 Road closed due to accident after car reportedly flips on to its roof
- 2 Huge blast proof bunker with acre of land for sale by auction
- 3 Have 'murder hornets' been found in Norfolk?
- 4 Caroline Flack's mum to open 'grief café' in Norfolk
- 5 Person pulled from car as rain lashes region
- 6 Dad's heartache over daughter's suicide and his fight to help others
- 7 Rovers return? New landlords relaunch village pub with parties and Sunday lunches for dogs
- 8 Part of A47 closed due to crash
- 9 Police appeal for witnesses after pedestrian struck by car on A47
- 10 Club reopens after Covid cases among staff and customers
The Highways Agency's work to dual the stretch of the A11 from Barton Mills to Thetford is expected to continue until the end of next year.
It says that 'good progress' has been made on the new northbound and southbound carriageways, with two-way traffic now running on some new sections of carriageway.
Bridge construction is continuing at the B1112 underpass and the non-motorised user underpass.