Attleborough gas work road closures postponed until after Christmas
- Credit: Google
Closures to a main route through Attleborough, which are set to last for months due to a gas main renewal have been postponed until after Christmas.
Chapel Road and Blackthorn Road in the town were set to close from October 18, 2021 to January 7, 2022 as contractors, Fulcrum, carried out the work, however this will now take place after Christmas.
A spokesperson said: “We have been working very closely with the council to plan this project, which will connect a new gas pipeline to the network from a local farm, which is producing renewable biogas.
"In collaboration with the highways department and the bus operator, we are agreeing suitable traffic management and diversions to minimise disruption to commuters during the programme of works.
"We will be regularly liaising with residents to keep them informed of progress and will ensure access to properties is maintained throughout the project.”
You may also want to watch:
As a result, First Norwich says that when closures do begin it will be unable to serve stops on its Turquoise Line on Cyprus Road or Sheppard Way.
Buses will omit the usual left turn onto Sheppard Way and continue along London Road.
- 1 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties
- 2 Met Office issues warning for thunderstorms in Norfolk
- 3 Two people arrested during police operation in south Norfolk
- 4 Roadside restaurant aiming to re-open before Christmas
- 5 Five former MoD homes go up for sale near Norwich
- 6 'A lovely talented man': Tributes to Cromer Pier Show headliner Phil Butler
- 7 Norwich man convicted of murder boasts of mutilating 'up to 30' cats
- 8 Norfolk hit by flooding as storms reach the county
- 9 Two men arrested on suspicion of money laundering in Thetford
- 10 Seal charity to take 'unprecendented' action to protect Norfolk seal colony
A First spokesperson said: "We are sorry for any inconvenience to your journey for the duration of this closure."
For up-to-date information about the county's roads, visit our LIVE Norfolk traffic map.
Join our Norfolk Travel Information group on Facebook for all the latest traffic news in Norfolk.