Champion racing driver collects Clio prize car
- Credit: supplied
Racing driver Josh Files, who made history this month by becoming the first competitor to win the Renault UK Clio Cup and Eurocup Clio crowns in the same year, was handed the keys to a new Clio Renaultsport 200 Turbo EDC road car at Holden Renault – part of his prize for scooping the coveted British title.
Following on from a truly sensational year of track action for the 22-year-old from Poringland, near Norwich, in which he won two races and claimed eight other podium finishes on his way to Renault UK Clio Cup glory, the Team Pyro racer now has the use of the striking white road-going Clio for a year.
As well as his outstanding campaign in the national championship, he starred in Europe during the first season of action for the new fourth-generation racing Clio – the car based on the latest Clio Renaultsport 200 Turbo EDC which will race in the UK next year.
Making a sensational debut in Eurocup Clio by winning his maiden race, the hugely-talented driver claimed three more victories as well as five other podiums to cap a remarkable year.
After receiving the keys to his prize Clio from Dariusz Wlodarczyk at Holden Renault in Heigham Street, Norwich, Files said: 'The new Clio Renaultsport 200 Turbo EDC is a fantastic car and I'm delighted to have the use of this one for the next year – I can't wait to get it out on the roads.
You may also want to watch:
'It's an amazing prize and, on top of the BTCC (British Touring Car Championship) test I won as well for winning the Renault UK Clio Cup title, it really is the icing on the cake.
'Huge thanks to Renault UK for a superb championship this year and an incredible prize package.'
- 1 Huge blast proof bunker with acre of land for sale by auction
- 2 Road closed due to accident after car reportedly flips on to its roof
- 3 Part of A47 closed due to crash
- 4 Have 'murder hornets' been found in Norfolk?
- 5 Caroline Flack's mum to open 'grief café' in Norfolk
- 6 The Chase star's tribute to contestant who died in Norfolk house fire
- 7 ‘Can you let me off?’ pleads driver doing 90mph in 50mph zone
- 8 Club reopens after Covid cases among staff and customers
- 9 Man drove round campsite 'like a rally driver' after argument
- 10 Rovers return? New landlords relaunch village pub with parties and Sunday lunches for dogs