Man rescued from car trapped in ditch
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2017
Emergency services were called to rescue a man after his vehicle was hanging over a ditch on the edge of Norwich.
Fire crews from Earlham and Sprowston and police were called to Costessey Lane in Ringland shortly after 2pm.
A spokeswoman for Norfolk Police said: "Officers were called to Costessey Lane following reports that a vehicle was trapped.
"Emergency services attended the scene and the vehicle and driver were rescued. The driver was uninjured."
The fire service said a winch was used to recover the vehicle from the ditch.
You may also want to watch:
For up-to-date information about the county's roads, visit our LIVE Norfolk traffic map.
Join our Norfolk Travel Information group on Facebook for all the latest traffic news in Norfolk.
- 1 Revealed: Siblings' bodies were found after father's death
- 2 Body believed to be missing man found near Norfolk coast
- 3 'It did not deliver': Glamping site vows to improve after guests hit out
- 4 Neighbours of murdered woman tell of terrifying scene in close
- 5 Sales rep who died at nature reserve named at inquest
- 6 No-frills Norwich pub offers top-notch food and every dish is under £8
- 7 Covid infection rates plummet in Norfolk
- 8 Police name murder victim, who died of 'severe head injury'
- 9 Firefighters dash to tackle blaze at coastal holiday resort
- 10 Widow threatened with debt collectors after funeral director’s bill blunder