Busy road to shut for weekend for resurfacing works
- Credit: Archant
A busy coastal road will be closed for two days for resurfacing work.
Middleton Road in Gorleston will be closed from the A47 Lowestoft Road roundabout towards Pound Lane from Saturday, November 28 for the entire weekend.
The council says it has avoided weekdays to “minimise disruption”.
Norfolk County Council said: “To carry out the work safely we will have to close Middleton Road to all through traffic at this location.
“Vehicle access to businesses and homes within the road closure will be maintained from the Pound Lane direction and there will be no vehicle access from the roundabout.
You may also want to watch:
“The county council would like to thank people for their patience while these works to replace the existing damaged road surface are carried out.”
A fully signed diversion route will be in place.
- 1 Talented 24-year-old opens new bakery in village
- 2 Dead sperm whale washes up on Norfolk coast
- 3 Part of A47 closed after crash between pedestrian and lorry
- 4 What you can (and can't) do as Norfolk enters Tier 2 restrictions
- 5 'It feels like Christmas': Shoppers return to city as lockdown lifts
- 6 Never mind Santa's sleigh... how about a Christmas combine harvester?
- 7 North Norfolk care home put into special measures
- 8 Early start for shoppers as Norfolk comes out of lockdown
- 9 Police search after reports of camouflaged man 'with weapon' in woods
- 10 How close is Norfolk to tier 1?
The work will cost £30,000.