Body repair group expanding with city site takeover
East Anglia's leading group of Body Repair Centres is moving into Norwich with the acquisition of Solus Norwich previously owned by Aviva Insurance.
Gladwins Ltd currently owns seven sites in the east of England, employing more than 200 staff and repairing cars and commercial vehicles for all major insurance companies
Gladwin's managing director Harvey Death said: 'We are delighted with the conclusion of the purchase, we have been working hard with our partners Aviva to ensure a smooth transition of the site into the Gladwins Group and we are looking forward to working with the existing highly-skilled staff in such a well-equipped, Kitemarked approved facility.
'Opening a site in Norwich has been in our long-term business plan and is part of the continued strategic growth of the company.
'With eight sites this strengthens our offering within East Anglia to our insurance partners,' he explained.
You may also want to watch:
'Gladwins' new Norwich site will improve the level of service to our current customers in the Norwich and north Norfolk areas'
Alex Caldwell, director of supply chain at Aviva and managing director of Solus, said: 'We are also delighted to have agreed the sale of the Solus centre in Norwich to Gladwins, which will continue to employ the 22 staff at the site.
- 1 Chance to have your say over 4,000-home development
- 2 New women's only fitness studio to open in Norwich
- 3 Driver who died in A47 crash had medical episode
- 4 Two Norfolk gastropubs named among best in country
- 5 Teen opens American sweet shop in town
- 6 Plans to open McDonald's on outskirts of town in 2022
- 7 The Chase star's tribute to contestant who died in Norfolk house fire
- 8 First look as Norwich's new £2.75m recycling centre opens
- 9 Farke hammers Tzolis for penalty antics in City defeat
- 10 School bus drivers 'risked children's lives' with illegal long shifts
'We look forward to continuing to work with Gladwins and the staff at the Whiffler Road site who I know will maintain the level of service our Aviva customers have been used to.'
Aviva will extend the current Motor Repairer Partnership (MRP) with Gladwins to support its customers in the Norfolk area.
The Norwich site will continue to support Aviva employees with discounted preferential rates.
Aviva and Solus thanked the staff of Solus Norwich for all of their hard work and support shown over the years and wish Gladwins Body Repair Centres every success with this latest acquisition.
Gladwins' other body repair centres are located at King's Lynn, Thetford, Peterborough, Cambridge, St Ives, Swavesey and Warboys.
Gladwins Norwich in Whiffler Road can be contacted on 01603 403822 or visit the website at www.gladwins.com