B1145 North Walsham to Aylsham road re-opens after six-plus weeks’ work by Anglian Water in Felmingham
A road linking two north Norfolk market towns has re-opened after being closed for just over six weeks.
The B1145 from North Walsham to Aylsham closed on February 20 while Anglian Water (AW) carried out �275,000 of work in Felmingham.
Road closure notices put up at either end of the road had warned that disruption could last for eight weeks.
But AW re-opened the road yesterday, April 4, although a company spokesman said work to replace 2km of water mains in the village was due to continue until June 1.
However, the site of the work had now shifted to farmland, she said. No further disruption to the public was expected until homes in the village were connected to the new system when their supplies would be turned off for about half a day. Notices would be posted to them in advance, and on the day of the switch.
You may also want to watch:
Throughout the closure, school buses and parents ferrying students to and from Aylsham High School, North Walsham schools, Colby Primary and Paston College have had to use alternative routes and a small number of businesses, including Felmingham Stores, have been isolated.
The official diversion sent traffic on an 18-mile cross-country journey via North Walsham, former RAF Coltishall, Buxton and the A140. But many motorists took shorter detours, using back roads around Felmingham.
- 1 Man dies in hospital after fight near Norfolk pub
- 2 Spectacle of light with 'Norfolk's biggest ever firework display' announced
- 3 Huge seaside home with indoor pool for sale for £600,000
- 4 The Bill star reveals he has moved to Norfolk and why he loves it
- 5 Petrol stations close nationally as HGV driver crisis worsens
- 6 Queues form at Norfolk petrol stations - despite reassurances over stock
- 7 Some queues - but business largely as usual at Norfolk's petrol stations
- 8 Rare Airbus Beluga XL spotted over Norfolk
- 9 Delays on A47 after lorry overturns
- 10 SOLD! Royal Arcade goes for £2m MORE than guide price