B1106 to close for work on bridge
- Credit: Mike Page
Work on the A11 dualling project will see a road close on Wednesday night.
Drivers are being advised to avoid the B1106 as the Highways Agency carries out finishing works on the road's new bridge.
A section of the road between the Elveden Inn and Center Parcs will close from 10pm until 6am on Thursday.
Geoff Chatfield, Highways Agency project manager, said: 'Work on the A11 dualling and improvement scheme is progressing well and as planned, with the road expected to open to traffic in autumn 2014.
'We built a new junction bridge for the B1106 and joined the existing B1106 road with the bridge in late 2013.
You may also want to watch:
'We were able to open the bridge to traffic before Christmas but now have to go back to carry out finishing off works at this location.'
The closure will be signposted in advance and there will be a clearly signed diversion route via the A11/B1107 Brandon Road Roundabout and Green Road (Brandon).
- 1 Latest situation on fuel sees more queues despite continued assurances
- 2 Former DJ and worker at Norfolk school was a 'deviant sexual predator'
- 3 Jailed in Norfolk: Paedophiles and man caught with £15k of cannabis
- 4 County welcomes tankers but motorists continue to queue for fuel
- 5 Seaside restaurant hit with zero food hygiene rating
- 6 Flowers left by road in tribute after man's death
- 7 Roadworks to be aware of in Norfolk this week
- 8 Aldi to open 100 new stores with eyes on towns in Norfolk
- 9 'It's looking bleak' - City taxi firms respond to panic-buying at the pumps
- 10 Police probe launched after video shows officer kick out
Access to businesses along the B1106 will be maintained via the diversion route.