Audi A1 a hit at Norwich launch
Norwich Audi's exclusive launch weekend for the new A1 proved a huge success with more than 350 people attending and 15 forward orders taken at the event.
Mark Parker, head of business, said: 'Firstly, its looks – it looks great – but also the chance to produce a small car like this, something that people, I would say 10 years ago, would never imagine Audi would do.
'We've been waiting so long, we've been talking about it for at least five years, so it's been a long time coming.
'The equipment in the A1 is the same as in the A8 – technology all the way through the range – so people can have the car to suit their lifestyles.
'People now want to buy smaller cars without compromising on technology or quality.
You may also want to watch:
'And yet the A1 is still affordable, bringing the Audi marque to a whole new audience. This is in people's price range,' he said.
'And because people tend to buy cars now on monthly payments, and this car's got such good residual values, it's even more affordable. I think we'll get a lot of people who really want to get into a premium brand seeing this as an opportunity.'
- 1 Huge blast proof bunker with acre of land for sale by auction
- 2 Road closed due to accident after car reportedly flips on to its roof
- 3 Part of A47 closed due to crash
- 4 Have 'murder hornets' been found in Norfolk?
- 5 Caroline Flack's mum to open 'grief café' in Norfolk
- 6 The Chase star's tribute to contestant who died in Norfolk house fire
- 7 Club reopens after Covid cases among staff and customers
- 8 ‘Can you let me off?’ pleads driver doing 90mph in 50mph zone
- 9 Man drove round campsite 'like a rally driver' after argument
- 10 Rovers return? New landlords relaunch village pub with parties and Sunday lunches for dogs