Driver taken to hospital after crash which closed A140
- Credit: Archant
The A140 was closed in both directions on Monday morning after a crash in the early hours.
Police were called to the road at Alby with Thwaite, between Aylsham and Cromer in north Norfolk at 4.25am.
Fire crews from Aylsham and Cromer also called to the scene.
A Ford Mondeo and a Ford Fiesta were involved, with the driver of the latter sustaining injuries which required hospital treatment.
The road was closed in both directions while the cars were recovered, with drivers advised to use an alternative route.
You may also want to watch:
An eyewitness at the scene said cars were diverting via Aldborough heading towards Norwich.
Sanders Coaches said there would be minor delays to its X40 and X44 services, as well as its A/C bus to Norwich City College, while the A140 was closed.
- 1 Road closed due to accident after car reportedly flips on to its roof
- 2 Huge blast proof bunker with acre of land for sale by auction
- 3 Have 'murder hornets' been found in Norfolk?
- 4 Caroline Flack's mum to open 'grief café' in Norfolk
- 5 Person pulled from car as rain lashes region
- 6 Dad's heartache over daughter's suicide and his fight to help others
- 7 Rovers return? New landlords relaunch village pub with parties and Sunday lunches for dogs
- 8 Part of A47 closed due to crash
- 9 Police appeal for witnesses after pedestrian struck by car on A47
- 10 Club reopens after Covid cases among staff and customers
The road reopened at 7.30am.
For up-to-date information about the county's roads, visit our LIVE Norfolk traffic map.
Join our Norfolk Travel Information group on Facebook for all the latest traffic news in Norfolk.