Aerial footage shows progression of Norwich’s NDR
- Credit: YouTube/DrummerDan/MikePage
Aerial footage taken by two Norfolk pilots of the Northern Distributor Road (NDR) in Norwich shows progress on the new road since the pair shot their last video in August.
Mike Page and his co-pilot Dan Gay are taking a video of the 12.5-mile route from the air each month to track the progress of the £178.5m development.
The latest video was shot at the beginning of September.
Work began on the road late last year and it is due to open in February 2018.
Nearly 630 acres of farmland, 25 acres of woodland and part of the grounds to several homes and businesses, including at the City of Norwich Aviation Museum, have been earmarked as needed for the controversial road's route.
You may also want to watch:
And Norfolk County Council estimated last year that just over £14m of the £178.5m cost of the road will be needed to pay up those forced to sell their land.
The route has been dubbed a 'road to nowhere' by critics and faced a legal challenge last year. But Norfolk County Council say it will bring a huge economic boost and transport improvements.
- 1 'An insult to the city': Couple ditch 'hellhole' hotel after 45 minutes
- 2 Road cleared after overturned lorry on A47/A11 Thickthorn roundabout
- 3 Travellers camped at garden centre car park
- 4 Former Norwich boxing champion banned from contacting ex-partner
- 5 Hundreds give amazing send-off to well-loved supermarket worker
- 6 Man arrested on suspicion of murder after woman found dead in flat
- 7 New Lidl stores to open in Norfolk and Waveney in £1.3bn expansion
- 8 Historic railway platform building could be demolished in station revamp
- 9 Ex-head charged with sex attacks on boys at Norfolk school
- 10 RSPCA shop loses more than £1,000 after 'slamming scam'
Along the route there are:
• Nine roundabouts.
• One junction where the A140 Cromer Road will go over the NDR, connecting to the dual carriageway via slip roads to two roundabouts.
• Six bridges over the NDR (Marriotts Way, Bell Farm, A140, Buxton Road, Newman Road, Middle Road).
• Two bridges carrying the NDR (Rackheath Rail bridge, Plumstead Road).