Delays warning as 48-tonne boat is transported across region
- Credit: Archant
Motorists are being warned that they could face delays as an abnormal load is transported through the region.
A boat weighing more than 48 tonnes will be moved from Cumbria to Lowestoft Marina on Wednesday, April 21.
Suffolk Police has issued the warning to drivers ahead of Norfolk Police escorting the 22m long boat to Lowestoft Marina on South Elmham Terrace.
With delays expected tomorrow, a police spokesman said: "Motorists are advised they may experience delays on Wednesday, April 21 as police escort a boat 4.8m wide, 4.95m wide, 22m long and weighing 44,000kg.
"The load will be escorted from Whitehaven, Cumbria to Lowestoft Marina on South Elmham Terrace, Lowestoft."
You may also want to watch:
The route will be as follows: A14 Cambs Border – A146 – A143 – A146 – A1117 – B1531 – local roads to site A1378333.
Norfolk police will escort the boat from the A47 lay-by eastbound between West Drove and Terrington St John to Lowestoft Marina.
You can keep up to date with all the latest delays on the region's roads by viewing our Live Traffic Map.
- 1 Man in 20s drowned in Bawsey Country Park lake
- 2 Amazing photos show storms over Norfolk – and there are more to come
- 3 Elderly man took his clothes off at Norwich park
- 4 Man, 20, who drowned at Bawsey Pits is named
- 5 'I can't carry it' - Shock as plant starts growing eight inches a day
- 6 Cat food brands recalled over link to fatal disease
- 7 School shut after ceiling tile falls on to class of children
- 8 See inside the 'tiny mobile homes' built from scratch for £95,000
- 9 Two Norfolk villages named among most beautiful to visit in England
- 10 Tributes to popular Tesco worker with 'sparkling personality'