Acle Straight westbound reopens after five vehicle collision
- Credit: Archant
A large section of the Acle Straight which was closed following a crash involving five vehicles has reopened.
The A47 westbound between the between the A149 at Great Yarmouth and the A1064 at Acle closed on Tuesday evening following a collision on the approach to Acle.
Police, including Norfolk and Suffolk Roads and Armed Policing Team, attended the incident helping 10 people with minor injuries and clearing the road so it could reopen.
Following the road closure a 27-mile diversion was put in place.
The road re-open shortly before 8pm.
You may also want to watch:
Due to the length of the diversion drivers were advised to allow plenty of time for their journeys.
• For the latest traffic information visit the EDP24 Live Traffic Map.
- 1 Mother's devastation after son killed in crash 'one minute from home'
- 2 Teenager in hospital after being stabbed in group attack
- 3 Budget predictions: Furlough, wealth tax and VAT cuts
- 4 Plans for 130 homes and GP surgery backed, despite 'predatory' claim
- 5 Award-winning Norwich doctor - 'racism made me change my name'
- 6 Green light for more than 250 homes on edge of Norwich
- 7 Concern for man who has gone missing
- 8 Search continues for man missing in the Broads
- 9 Two-hour waits at vaccine centre after booking 'malfunction'
- 10 'Quite an adventure' - Missing owl found in kitchen 20 miles away