Seven night A47 closure as resurfacing work begins
- Credit: Highways England
Two sections of the A47 will be closed in both directions for seven nights as part of resurfacing works, starting this week.
Highways England will be closing a 1.3 mile stretch of the A47 between Easton and Honningham roundabout for three nights this month while the stretch of road between the Norwich Road roundabout and Pikenham will also be shut off to traffic for three nights.
Signs had been placed on the Easton and Honningham roundabouts, but Highway England has confirmed they are displaying the wrong dates.
The company is aware of the signs and has said they will be removed.
The works, which will see the sections of road closed in both directions between 8pm and 6am, will focus on repairing and reconstructing the road along with resurfacing.
You may also want to watch:
Works between Norwich Road and Pickenham will take place on the evenings of December 8, 9 and 10 while the Honingham to Easton works will go ahead on December 11, 14 and 15.
- 1 Man killed and three wounded in multiple stabbing
- 2 Woman left with 'serious back injuries' after pub fight
- 3 Police and air ambulance called to major incident near Norwich
- 4 Driver flees after crashing into level crossing
- 5 Delivery driver fined for 'flagrant' seafront stunt caught on CCTV
- 6 Publican employs security after football team's bid to break rules
- 7 Man staged his own kidnap to get ransom from his family
- 8 Norwich pub's shock after city council refuse outdoor seating bid
- 9 Day of two halves - Footballer wins £80,000 and breaks leg in 24 hours
- 10 Hairdressers excited to reopen salon and welcome back clients