A47 accident blocks road at roadworks hotspot
- Credit: Matthew Usher
A stretch of the A47 where roadworks have been taking place has been partially blocked at rush hour due to an accident.
The AA has said traffic is moving "very slowly" after an accident at the Loddon Road junction in Trowse Newton.
This is currently causing delays of at least nine minutes on the Norwich Southern Bypass on the A47 eastbound with average speeds of 15mph.
The AA has said the delays are likely to increase after the accident was first reported around 7am.
It comes after key services have spoken about the detrimental impact of A47 roadworks with significant delays being caused.
Lane closures from ongoing works had been adding travel times in both directions between Thickthorn and Trowse with bus companies, blue lights services and haulage among those affected.
You may also want to watch:
More to follow.
- 1 Two Norfolk hotels named among the best in the country
- 2 Man dies following crash between tractor and car
- 3 Jonny to the rescue! Boyfriend springs into action after coffee spill drama
- 4 Family's anger at sentencing of driver who killed 'kind and caring' nan
- 5 Farmhouse sells at auction after 60 bids - but how much did it go for?
- 6 Wife's tribute to horse-loving 'true-gentleman' after inquest
- 7 Former policeman to appear in court accused of rape
- 8 12 police vehicles called to 'very serious' crash in west Norfolk
- 9 The Original Factory Shop opens its doors in north Norfolk
- 10 Delays on A47 following crash