Bridge on main road to close for repairs
- Credit: Archant
A bridge on one of Norfolk’s main roads is set to close overnight for essential repairs.
Maintenance work is due to take place at Shotford Bridge on the A143 Harleston bypass from 6pm on Saturday, September 12, until 9.30am on Sunday, September 13.
Work costing £25,000 to replace the bridge joints will see the A-road close between its junctions with Wells Lane and Mendham Lane.
The task, expected to take just one night, has been scheduled overnight to minimise disruption and to allow the joints to be replaced safely.
Various signposted diversion routes will be in place for the duration of the closure.
You may also want to watch:
The Bungay-bound layby on the A143 will also be closed from September 11-12 to allow storage of contractor facilities and materials.
Repair work is being carried out by Norfolk County Council’s Community and Environmental Services Department and their contractors. The council has thanked drivers for their patience.
- 1 Revealed: The areas where Covid cases are still increasing
- 2 Man admits defrauding more than £1.3m from Norfolk firm
- 3 'A lot of tears' as care home announces closure with 30 jobs lost
- 4 Shocking CCTV shows carer abusing woman with dementia
- 5 Norfolk bowls star tests positive at world indoor championships
- 6 Warnings for snow and ice in place across region
- 7 Fired twice in two months: Events boss feels the pain of Covid
- 8 Tributes to much-loved Laura, 28, after Covid death
- 9 Part of seventh skeleton discovered in city street
- 10 Man seriously injured after crash