Bridge on main road to close for repairs
- Credit: Archant
A bridge on one of Norfolk’s main roads is set to close overnight for essential repairs.
Maintenance work is due to take place at Shotford Bridge on the A143 Harleston bypass from 6pm on Saturday, September 12, until 9.30am on Sunday, September 13.
Work costing £25,000 to replace the bridge joints will see the A-road close between its junctions with Wells Lane and Mendham Lane.
The task, expected to take just one night, has been scheduled overnight to minimise disruption and to allow the joints to be replaced safely.
Various signposted diversion routes will be in place for the duration of the closure.
You may also want to watch:
The Bungay-bound layby on the A143 will also be closed from September 11-12 to allow storage of contractor facilities and materials.
Repair work is being carried out by Norfolk County Council’s Community and Environmental Services Department and their contractors. The council has thanked drivers for their patience.
- 1 Boss puts Queen Anne family home up for sale for £1.325m
- 2 Town's country park remains closed after woman's body discovered
- 3 Woman found dead in country park is named
- 4 'You get relegated playing the Norwich way' - Old boy Bruce on Magpies' sorry plight
- 5 Prince Philip memorial erected in town park just a day after his death
- 6 Childhood friends unite to launch barbershop together
- 7 Investigations continuing after drugs seized during police raid
- 8 EFL announce revised schedule to avoid Prince Philip funeral clash
- 9 New Turkish takeaway which cooks over coals shows how kebabs should be done
- 10 Giant Wheel soon to be 'operational' on popular seafront