Bridge on main road to close for repairs
- Credit: Archant
A bridge on one of Norfolk’s main roads is set to close overnight for essential repairs.
Maintenance work is due to take place at Shotford Bridge on the A143 Harleston bypass from 6pm on Saturday, September 12, until 9.30am on Sunday, September 13.
Work costing £25,000 to replace the bridge joints will see the A-road close between its junctions with Wells Lane and Mendham Lane.
The task, expected to take just one night, has been scheduled overnight to minimise disruption and to allow the joints to be replaced safely.
Various signposted diversion routes will be in place for the duration of the closure.
You may also want to watch:
The Bungay-bound layby on the A143 will also be closed from September 11-12 to allow storage of contractor facilities and materials.
Repair work is being carried out by Norfolk County Council’s Community and Environmental Services Department and their contractors. The council has thanked drivers for their patience.
- 1 McDonald's branch to close for up to three months
- 2 'I ran for my life' - Neighbour who saw fatal row tells of terror
- 3 Hospital to close with loss of 120 jobs
- 4 Injured man found on Norfolk beach could be linked to woman's death
- 5 Man dies after 'industrial incident' at farm
- 6 Concern over state of beach following £22m sandscaping project
- 7 Tributes to 'well-known, well-liked, well-respected' King's Lynn fan
- 8 12 villages set to receive some of UK's fastest ever broadband
- 9 'One crazy decision' - Mother's anguish over son's death as dealer jailed
- 10 Mental health hospital owed £2m to staff and creditors when it shut