Motorists warned of A140 closure due to roundabout upgrade project
- Credit: Suffolk County Council
The A140 at Eye is set to close this weekend as a £3.1million project to install new roundabouts nears completion.
A section of the road from the new northern roundabout, south to Old Ipswich Road in Yaxley, will close from 8pm on Friday so it can be connected to the southern roundabout.
It will be shut to motorists until 5am next Monday.
The highways team at Suffolk County Council has also said other minor roads in Yaxley will be closed as contractors complete the project.
Castleton Way will be closed between the A140 and the Oaksmere Business Park from 5am on Wednesday through to 5am next Monday, while Eye Road will be shut from 5am on Wednesday through to April 23.
Diversions will be in place and clearly signposted for all road closures.
You may also want to watch:
Suffolk County Council is upgrading the A140 following a number of reported accidents on the road over the last few years.
- 1 Couple sell 'amazing' converted water mill after two-year renovation
- 2 Robbie Savage: 'Never mind Stuart Webber, it's all down to me'
- 3 Emergency services dealing with incident at inflatable on beach
- 4 Third time lucky for historic pub's reopening
- 5 Royal Mail postboxes stolen from villages
- 6 Woman died after crash on way to visit mother's grave
- 7 Norwich pub's shock after city council refuse outdoor seating bid
- 8 'We haven't slept': Primark shoppers queue outside city store from 3am
- 9 Extinction Rebellion protesters arrested for smashing Barclays windows
- 10 Dog ban on popular north Norfolk beaches extended