Air ambulance on scene of A11 crash as road reopens
- Credit: Google
Drivers are being advised to avoid the A11 near Elveden due to delays after a crash.
This is due to reports of a collision on the road before the Elveden Junction on the northbound lane.
The air ambulance has landed and the road is blocked from Barton Mills to Elveden, with the northbound carriageway reduced to one lane.
It is not clear if anyone has yet been taken to hospital.
The road has now reopened southbound.
Suffolk Police are on the scene.
Traffic is moving very slowly approaching the accident. Though there is a diversion in place.
- 1 Man dies in hospital after fight near Norfolk pub
- 2 Huge seaside home with indoor pool for sale for £600,000
- 3 The Bill star reveals he has moved to Norfolk and why he loves it
- 4 Queues form at Norfolk petrol stations - despite reassurances over stock
- 5 Petrol stations close nationally as HGV driver crisis worsens
- 6 Some queues - but business largely as usual at Norfolk's petrol stations
- 7 How farm shop grew from honesty-box shed to £1.2m turnover
- 8 SOLD! Royal Arcade goes for £2m MORE than guide price
- 9 Delays on A47 after lorry overturns
- 10 Spectacle of light with 'Norfolk's biggest ever firework display' announced
The diversion takes drivers from the Five Ways Roundabout through Lakenheath on the A1065, then on the B1106 to Green Road, rejoining the A11 at the B1107 Roundabout.
More to follow.
For up-to-date information about the county's roads, visit our LIVE Norfolk traffic map.
Join our Norfolk Travel Information group on Facebook for all the latest traffic news in Norfolk.