Traffic problems on the A47 between Dereham and Norwich after a spate of crashes
Drivers faced traffic chaos this morning after a series of crashes on the A47 between Dereham and Norwich.
Just before 8am two lorries crashed at Honingham and rush hour motorists heading in the westbound direction before the Hall Drive junction.
The scene was cleared by 8.30am and no-one was injured, according to a Norfolk police spokesman.
A broken down Vauxhall Corsa, which broke down between Hockering and North Tuddenham at 8.30am, also caused delays for drivers.
An hour later five cars crashed at Honingham on the eastbound carriageway.
You may also want to watch:
A Vauxhall Astra estate, Vauxhall Zafira, Citroen C4, Nissan Primera and Peugeot 307 were involved and traffic heading towards Norwich was delayed.
An elderly woman suffered with a hand injury but there were no other injuries, according to the police spokesman.
- 1 Six North Norfolk beaches awarded blue flag status for summer 2021
- 2 Woman hurt in hit-and-run crash near school
- 3 Disabled driver fined £60 for stopping to clean windscreen at hospital
- 4 City step up Skipp Spurs chase
- 5 Norfolk campsite voted third best in UK
- 6 Waiting game for parkrun lovers as one Norfolk event closes
- 7 Man living in hotel after sewage floods bathroom in 'uninhabitable' flat
- 8 'Very small' number of Indian Covid variant cases in Norfolk
- 9 Tax inspectors probe 240 furlough fraud cases in Norfolk and Suffolk
- 10 Pub ordered to pay £23.5k compensation to sacked disabled worker
Oil also spilled onto the road which reopened at 11.20am.
Driving conditions were made worse than normal due to dense fog and drivers have said they were concerned that many motorists did not turn on their vehicle lights.