Traffic problems in and out of Great Yarmouth after crash and ongoing roadworks
- Credit: Archant
Drivers trying to get in and out of Great Yarmouth are facing major delays.
The ongoing roadworks at Fullers Hill are putting pressure on other routes in and out of the town, both of which are also feeling the strain following an earlier accident in Caister and a set of temporary traffic lights on the Acle Straight.
The crash in Caister saw a car flip on to its roof this morning just after 8am.
Fire crews were called to use hydraulic lifting equipment to free two people who were trapped inside.
The air ambulance was also called.
You may also want to watch:
On the A47 Acle Straight a set of temporary traffic lights have been installed about a mile from the Vauxhall roundabout. Traffic is queuing on both sides of the carriageway on the approach to the signals.
This has put pressure on all other major routes in the town, with traffic queuing over the Breydon Bridge, at Gapton Hall and the Harfreys roundabout.
- 1 Norfolk RSPCA store appears on Rip Off Britain
- 2 Chantry Place 'close to finalising deals' with four major brands
- 3 'You want to be un-vaccinated? Go to Lowestoft' - rock legend's jab at town
- 4 How Norfolk are you? Take this quiz to find out
- 5 Revealed: The cheapest towns in Norfolk to buy a home
- 6 Police probing reports Norwich clubbers have been spiked by needles
- 7 Woman who died in A47 collision named
- 8 'Embarrassing' - City fans ask questions of Farke after Chelsea thrashing
- 9 Nicole Kidman donates £10k to Norfolk dad's charity walk
- 10 Delays on A47 due to collapsed manhole cover
There is also slow traffic on Lawn avenue approaching the Fullers Hill roadworks.
More to follow.