Van catches fire on A47
- Credit: Archant
Traffic came to a standstill after a van caught fire on the A47.
Police, firefighters and paramedics went to Gapton Hall retail park in Great Yarmouth this morning (May 29) and one male occupant of the van was taken to hospital.
The A47 southbound was closed at Southtown, between Pasteur Road and Southtown Common, for two hours while firefighters tackled the blaze.
Police have said the van is currently being recovered from the scene.
One occupant of the van, a male, was injured and taken to James Paget University Hospital.
Crews from two fire brigades, one each from Great Yarmouth and Gorleston, used main and hose reel jets to extinguish the flames.
Motorists had been advised to avoid the area.
Check our live traffic map for more information.
- 1 A coach 'filled with people' and a van crash on the NDR
- 2 Heavy winds set to hit Norfolk as yellow weather warning issued
- 3 One person rescued after crash on A47
- 4 Broads pub once visited by Chelsea players shuts for good
- 5 Tribute to keen mountain biker who died on ride
- 6 ‘We need action now’: Flood hit Broads business backs river barrier calls
- 7 Theatre director's planning bid branded 'an attempt to rewrite history'
- 8 Norwich City transfer rumours: Idah out, Hugill back in for Canaries?
- 9 Roadworks planned in Norfolk for this week
- 10 Ambulance chief: 'I'm sorry.... things will get worse before they get better'