Traffic chaos through Magdalen Street and Anglia Square after concerns for woman’s safety
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2016
There are traffic problems and severe bus service disruptions through Magdalen Street and Anglia Square after being closed to traffic this afternoon after police were called to fears for a woman's safety.
Police arrived on scene and brought the women to safety and she is now being taken to Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital.
First Buses tweeted that routes through Anglia Square were closed at 5.30pm this afternoon.
Norwich Police replied at 5.45pm saying the roads had been reopened.
Bus routes are now facing large delays as rush hour hits the city.
You may also want to watch:
First Buses has apologised for the delays.
- 1 Escape to the Country names 'north Norfolk's seaside capital'
- 2 Anger as woodland used as 'playground and dustbin'
- 3 Pretty thatched cafe business on Broads for sale for £75,000
- 4 Giant Victorian underground reservoir marks supplying city for 150 years
- 5 Report into woman's murder by jealous ex: 'Employers must do more'
- 6 Homes plan to be revealed for former infant school
- 7 First look at five new homes released for sale at popular site in Taverham
- 8 Former village pub for sale as home
- 9 The areas where Covid rates have fallen the fastest since lockdown began
- 10 Norwich City star tipped to reject move to Tottenham