Traffic chaos in Great Yarmouth after second crash, man rushed to hospital
- Credit: Archant Norfolk
There are reports of long delays on the roads in Great Yarmouth following crashes in two of the town's main access points.
Following a four-vehicle collision on Breydon Bridge at around 10.30am this morning, a man in his 60s was rushed to hospital following a second crash in the town.
At around 11.39am, two vehicles were involved in a collision on Pasteur Road near the Tesco Roundabout, which saw one car hit the road's central reservation.
A rapid response vehicle and an ambulance attended the scene, treating a man in his 60s, who was unconscious when paramedics arrived.
He has since been resuscitated and taken to the James Paget Hospital for further care, and was breathing while in the ambulance.
The driver in the other vehicle involved was uninjured.
You may also want to watch:
One motorist has described traffic in the area as 'horrendous', saying that it had taken him more than an hour to drive from Gorleston to Great Yarmouth.
- 1 Top of the Pops dancer, Octopussy star and 'Lord' settles in Norfolk
- 2 Reduce your dementia risk with 7 lifestyle changes
- 3 Woman injured by jars of sauce thrown in Sainsbury's
- 4 Wanted Norwich man arrested in north Norfolk village
- 5 Man exposed himself to three teenage girls at Morrisons
- 6 BBC Springwatch films at Norfolk nature haven - with beavers
- 7 'They thought I was crazy' - New owner's lockdown pub success
- 8 'Vulnerable' Norfolk man missing from home
- 9 A47 tailbacks as roadworks move west near Norwich
- 10 Bar splashes out £500,000 on outdoor dining area