Traffic chaos across Lowestoft following two vehicle crash
- Credit: Archant
A two vehicle collision close to Lowestoft's Bascule Bridge led to traffic chaos in the town this lunchtime (Friday).
Roads were gridlocked and long delays have been reported across town following the crash – believed to be between a Citroen C3 and a Seat Leon – at Pier Terrace in Lowestoft just after noon today.
Two women suffered injuries in the collision, and a police spokesman said: 'One of the female passengers was complaining of back pain, and so the road had to be closed as the woman was cut free from the vehicle.'
Just after 1pm, five fire crews – consisting of two crews from Lowestoft South, a crew from Great Yarmouth, Beccles and north Lowestoft – were called out, with the woman cut free from the vehicle and taken to hospital by the East of England Ambulance Service.
A spokesman for the ambulance service said: 'Two ambulance crews attended following a report of two patients being involved in this collision.
You may also want to watch:
'They treated a woman in her 60s with neck pain and a woman in her 20s with neck pain. We took one of these patients to James Paget University Hospital in Gorleston for further care.'
The spokesman added: 'Their injuries are not believed to be life-threatening or serious.'
- 1 Norfolk RSPCA store appears on Rip Off Britain
- 2 Chantry Place 'close to finalising deals' with four major brands
- 3 'You want to be un-vaccinated? Go to Lowestoft' - rock legend's jab at town
- 4 How Norfolk are you? Take this quiz to find out
- 5 Revealed: The cheapest towns in Norfolk to buy a home
- 6 Police probing reports Norwich clubbers have been spiked by needles
- 7 'Embarrassing' - City fans ask questions of Farke after Chelsea thrashing
- 8 Woman who died in A47 collision named
- 9 Delays on A47 due to collapsed manhole cover
- 10 Nicole Kidman donates £10k to Norfolk dad's charity walk