Tractor blaze tackled by fire crews on field near Halesworth
- Credit: Archant
Firefighters have tackled a tractor blaze at a field in Waveney.
A crew from Wrentham fire station and a second crew from Halesworth fire station were called to the village of St James South Elmham, near Halesworth, just before noon today (Friday) following reports of a vehicle fire.
They arrived at the scene of the blaze on a stubble field in St James Lane at about 11.57am.
A brigade spokesman said: 'Two crews attended the scene. A tractor and baler were well alight and firefighters wearing breathing apparatus tackled the blaze with two hose reel jets.'
The fire was subsequently extinguished and the incident was brought under control by 1.16pm.
You may also want to watch:
An investigation will now be carried out by the fire service into what caused the initial blaze to break out.
- 1 Chantry Place 'close to finalising deals' with four major brands
- 2 Norfolk RSPCA store appears on Rip Off Britain
- 3 How Norfolk are you? Take this quiz to find out
- 4 Police probing reports Norwich clubbers have been spiked by needles
- 5 'Embarrassing' - City fans ask questions of Farke after Chelsea thrashing
- 6 'Never seen anything like it' - Norfolk Christmas shopping frenzy has begun
- 7 'You want to be un-vaccinated? Go to Lowestoft' - rock legend's jab at town
- 8 Man in his 50s dies after head-on collision on A143
- 9 Revealed: The cheapest towns in Norfolk to buy a home
- 10 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge