Tractor blaze tackled by fire crews on field near Halesworth
- Credit: Archant
Firefighters have tackled a tractor blaze at a field in Waveney.
A crew from Wrentham fire station and a second crew from Halesworth fire station were called to the village of St James South Elmham, near Halesworth, just before noon today (Friday) following reports of a vehicle fire.
They arrived at the scene of the blaze on a stubble field in St James Lane at about 11.57am.
A brigade spokesman said: 'Two crews attended the scene. A tractor and baler were well alight and firefighters wearing breathing apparatus tackled the blaze with two hose reel jets.'
The fire was subsequently extinguished and the incident was brought under control by 1.16pm.
You may also want to watch:
An investigation will now be carried out by the fire service into what caused the initial blaze to break out.
- 1 Are you in our Norfolk school photos from the 1970s?
- 2 Government must step in to help 'desperate' Norwich hospital, says MP
- 3 Woman in 60s suffers serious injuries after car crashes into ditch
- 4 Photo gallery: Snow turns region into winter wonderland
- 5 Several burst mains in town leave homes without water
- 6 Norfolk wakes up to snow with more expected to fall
- 7 Londoners fined for travelling to stay at second home in Norfolk
- 8 Drivers face non-essential travel fines after spate of snow crashes
- 9 Covid case rates continue to fall across Norfolk and Waveney
- 10 Voyeur watched people after setting up secret cameras in bathroom